How many improvisers does it take to change a light bulb?
Ah the light bulb joke...an honored comedy format that has left no professional untouched.
Here's one that I've heard:
How many actors does it take to change a light bulb?
None. Doesn't the stage manager do that?
But that's for "memorizing actors" What about us?!
Here's your chance. What's your answer, how many improvisers DOES it take to change a light bulb?
Here are a few answers I received to an earlier post on FB:
- 2. 1 to make the offer of changing a light bulb and 1 to yes-and it
- But it takes 5 shortform improvisers. 1 to get a suggestion, 1 to mime the bulb, 1 to narrate in gibberish, 1 to translate the narration, and 1 to keep score.
- It depends what you want it changed into.
- Depends... Does changing the light bulb serve the story?
- None. Because one will suggest that and nobody will say "yes, let's" so he'll sit and forget about the bulb.
- That's not a light bulb.
- A light bulb isn't interesting enough - what if it was changing an alien spaceship!
- At least 2. One to change the light bulb, the others to keep the audience entertained in the dark.
- I think any number will do as long as everyone involved is altered
- not one.. no change needed.. any improviser will just be the light bulb!
- 347. but i can't remember why.
- None, they just yes-and the darkness.
- you also need a light improviser to make sure no other light goes off before it is changed, and a music improviser to play 'Thriller' in the background
- What genre?
- one. But it will be verrry interesting to see it change ;)
- Depends upon whether or not the improviser is green. An energy star bulb will seldom require changing. It's easy being green, despite what Kermit wants us to believe!
- 1. Solo scene of course.